Monday, April 19, 2010

Shoulder to cry....on?



Happy Mondayyyyy!!! :-) This weekend wasn't TOO bad. However, Sunday night around 7 or 8 o clock, my feet WERE screaming at me like, "sit down girl!!" But every time I thought things were kind of settling down, some kind of drama unfolded in the trauma. LoL!

If someone comes into the E.R with a dislocated shoulder, they are of course in a lot of pain. There is an x-ray ordered, the patient is sedated consciously, the shoulder is pushed back into place and another x-ray is taken to confirm proper placement and ta-daaaaa, throw on a sling and send you on your way.



Well.....one chic comes in the E.R in pain from a dislocated shoulder. X-ray taken, patient sedated and now its time for another x-ray. She proceeds to tell me that she's not ready for her x-ray because they haven't put it back in place yet. I look at the order which says: Post-Reduction (meaning, uhhh yes they have). I check with the PA and he says yes we have. I turn to her and she is clearly upset because she says no one came in to even touch her yet.

After the PA explains to her that they sedated her and put it back in, she begins to cry, causing a scene. She starts yelling, "this is too weird!! No one has even touched me!! I never went to sleep!! I've been sitting here the whole time!!"

By this time a nurse has come over to try to calm her down. She explained to her that she was sedated but not really sleep, just "sleepy." She cried the whole time she was getting her x-ray done and I was like, geesh just be happy its over and you didn't feel them do it.


Dah well, all in a weekends work.

No comments:

Post a Comment